Letters to my daughter . . . .

Wow, I haven't written since January! But I can't help it. When given the option of write or sleep, sleep always wins! #newparent!  I've been wanting to write about pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, formula, baby, baby with covid, daycare dramas, milestones, maternity leave, stay at home mom, working mom and gosh so much more. Our baby girl recently turned one and my goodness it has been quite a year! And as I watch her on the baby monitor to my left with a big pile of laundry to fold on my right, with all of the emotions and with everything that we've been through, the one word I have to summarize all of it is: Thankful. 

So, so, so thankful. This will sound super cheesy and almost a little Bollywood, but yes, my daughter is the apple of my eye, my heart and soul, and my new purpose in life. Even when she gets tomato pasta all over the floor and the wall, even when she flips over and crawls away while I change her poopy diaper, even when she wakes me up numerous times throughout the night, she is my everything and I am forever thankful. 

You know when you get married, you keep your partner in mind when making pretty much all decisions? (Well, most decisions!) When you have a baby, it adds on a whole new layer to that! Everything I do is now for her. Every decision that I make is now for her. So, with that in mind, every blog that I write will now be written for her and to her. 

Although she may stumble across my blogs a bit earlier in life, I'd like to introduce her to my blogs when she becomes a teenager. So then she can read about her mom's horrific and hilarious dating life! So she can see my views on eastern vs. western culture. So she can balance our Indian heritage with her Scottish upbringing and the quirks of her American mom. And most importantly, so she can realize her self worth as the amazing woman that I know she will grow up to be. And so that she can make better choices than me and be smarter and wiser than me. So, she won't grow up as a confused Sikh as I did. . . .

Are my sentences making sense? It's past my bedtime. LOL 

I know this is a super short blog, but it's more of a catch up blog! For those of you who have been reading my blogs for the past so many years and who are still reading them today, thank you! For those new readers that have just stumbled upon my blogs, thank you! Hopefully not so much time will go by again before I write my next blog. I feel like maternity leave is over for writing and it's time to get back into it. 

P.S. Is it cheating if I turn Cocomelon on for her to watch while I write? J/K!

My dear Navi, these are all going to be for you and they are going to be great ;) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What my parents never told me . . .

Breast Milk was not the Best Milk

The Unplanned Planned C-Section